How to Setup an Email Auto Responder with Send Social Media
Send Social Media allows you to build and setup an Email Auto Responder for birthday greetings or event alerts that are triggered as soon as a new customer adds themselves to your address book.
Steps required to setup an email autoresponder:
- If you haven’t already done so, you should use Send Social Media’s capture widget on your website to start capturing new email and SMS contacts. You can set this up under the Widget section in My Contacts.
- New users will be added to a group you define in My Groups.
- Using Send Social Media’s email autoresponder, you can trigger automatic emails to users in this group.
- From Add/Edit Services, select Email Autoresponder under the Email category. Click Add.
- Fill in the details on the Email Autoresponder settings screen, and be sure to select the group that you set up to store new contacts on the Capture widget in Step 1.
- You can define how soon after or before an event your email should be sent, using the Send settings.
- Enter a subject and a message that will be sent to the contact that triggers the event in your group. You can use our merge tags to ensure that appropriate values are replaced at the time the message is sent. You can also use an email template to give your emails a professional look. A template can be seen in the screenshot above.
- Click Save Settings so that your changes take effect.
Send Social Media will now monitor the group you chose for contacts who match the criteria of the event you specified. i.e. users with a matching birthday or users who added themselves to your address book.