What is Foursquare?
“Foursquare is primarily for letting your friends know where you are and figuring out where they are.” Learn how to market your Local Business using Foursquare and Send Social Media:
Secondarily, it’s for collecting points, prize “badges,” and eventually, coupons, for going about your everyday business.
Why Foursquare is great for marketing your business?
Users of Foursquare are made up of two groups – (1) consumers going about their everyday business and (2) local businesses. Consumers love Foursquare for two reasons:
- They get to check in at different places and accumulate points as they striving to become “Mayor” of a particular venue. The mayor of a venue is someone who has visited that place most often.
- When they check in at a new place, they’re instantly notified of tips and special about the place they’re visiting.
Businesses love Foursquare because they can attract visitors to their venues by offering promotions and specials for people who check in at their venue.
Below is a screen shot, showing local information:
- How to get your business on Foursquare
It’s easy to get your local business or venue added to Foursquare. Here’s how:
- Register for an account at Foursquare.com.
- Click Add Things in the menu at the top right.
- Click Add a new venue and enter your venue details.
Now that your business has been added to the Foursquare database, you can gain exposure in the following ways:
- When Foursquare users visit your venue and check in on their phones, they’ll see a list of tips and specials added by other visitors or your business itself.
- They’ll be able to see what other visitors to your bar/restaurant/shop have purchased before or recommended and could follow suit.
- Friends of these visitors will see that their friend has just visited your business and may be prompted to pay your venue a visit too.
- Other people seeking to become the mayor of your venue and accumulate badges will pay your venue a visit just to accumulate the status.
Using Foursquare with Send Social Media
The easiest way to promote your business on Foursquare is with Send Social Media. You can use Send Social Media in 2 ways:
- To add tips about your venue to Foursquare (Send Social Media is great for schedule your Foursquare tips on a one-off or recurring basis).
- Read and respond to what visitors to your venue/business are saying.
Linking Send Social Media to Foursquare
To link up your Send Social Media and Foursquare accounts, do the following:
- Sign in to Send Social Media and open up Add/Edit Services.
- You’ll find a new category called “Location-based Services”. Click “Add” next to the “Foursquare Venue tip” service.
- Enter your business’s address and select it from the drop down list. If it’s not in the list, make sure you’ve added your business as a venue in Foursquare.
- Save settings.Posting Tips to Foursquare from Send Social Media
After linking up your Foursquare account and your venue, you can now post tips about your venue to Foursquare. You can do this from the Message Box by selecting your Foursquare account from the services list. Type your tip into the text area below and click Send to post it. Tips can also be scheduled using Send Social Media’s scheduling functionality.
Reading and responding to posts about your venue
You can read and respond what people are saying about your venue from the Feeds tab in the Message Box page. If you find a post you’d like to respond to, simply click on it and it will open up the Compose tab of the Message Box, ready for you to respond.